Pest control is an essential business, and at Hilton Head Exterminators, we continue to service homes and businesses in the Lowcountry. All of our employees are instructed to follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for protecting themselves and others. These recommendations include limiting exposure to sick individuals, frequent and thorough hand washing, knowing the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and more.
While the threat of COVID-19 remains high, we are enhancing the exterior portions of our general pest control services by performing more concentrated exterior services. Think of it like providing a perimeter around your home that often acts as a barrier to insects that might otherwise make their way indoors (before they become a problem inside).
We understand that many of you may be spending more time outdoors, and you want to protect yourself and your family. We also provide services that can help eradicate pests that originate outside the home like mosquitoes, ticks, and fire ants. One of our popular treatments focuses on eliminating mosquitoes.
There are steps you can take to make it harder for pests to get inside your home.
- Sealing as many cracks and holes around the exterior of your home as possible.
- Caulk anywhere that a pipe or cable enters your home. A mouse can slip through holes and gaps as small as ¼ inch, or roughly the size of a pencil.
- Make sure your foundation vents are secure and sealed tightly to your home.
- Look for light around all of your exterior doors, seals compress and wear out over time and need to be replaced.
- Brush away spiderwebs on your house.
- Keep your trash cans away from your house.
- Empty any standing water on your property, such as unfilled flower pots.
Interior Services by Request Only
At this time, we are offering virtual inspections. We will only come indoors if we can’t solve the problem through the virtual inspection, and will not come inside any home or business where occupants are sick. If we need to go inside, we request the homeowner to remain outside while we are indoors. We ask that you please be considerate of the health and well-being of our team members at this time.